Qualifications: Four year degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development or related field. Must show excellent customer service skills, leadership skills, and organizational skills and be willing to function in the capacity of the Director. Must have experience in working with groups of preschoolers and ability to relate well to and create a sense of community among children and adults, including parents, staff members, and visitors. Must have CPR/First aid certification or be willing to obtain one. Be aware of state immunization requirements for children. Develop weekly/monthly lessons plans and implement age appropriate Christ based curriculum to nurture and stimulate all domains of children’s development, being sensitive to the needs of children. Fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the center’s guidelines and vision of Christian values and education. Ability to develop a budget and present the needs of the Center to the Management. Must have high ethical standards and serve as role model for children. Maintain accurate and complete records.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Supervising the center in the role of Director.
- Teaching children ages 16 months to 3 year/4 year old in a manner consistent with a Christian philosophy of education and goals of the center. This includes:
- Treating each child with dignity and respect.
- Planning activities, which will encourage each child’s growth in the areas of spiritual, emotional, social, cognitive and physical development.
- Recognizing and considering the individual needs of each child.
- Helping children learn to think creatively, to solve problems independently, and to respect themselves and others.
- Responsible for assuring compliance with codes of all State and Local governing agencies and be up-to-date with health, safety and other licensing regulations
- Responsible for creating a safe, clean and nurturing learning environment in the classroom, keeping in mind that work done by the children should take precedence over decorations made by adults, assuring a developmentally appropriate decorum for children.
- Being responsible for reporting any equipment repairs or replacements needed, maintenance needed in the room or elsewhere in the building or on the playground, and supplies that need to be reordered.
- Explaining and showing the program to visitors
- Planning and carrying out conferences with parents and maintaining an ongoing, open communication with them, creating a sense of community.
- Lead /coach less experienced staff, promoting a good rapport among the staff members, conduct staff meetings and other programs sponsored by the center, providing staff in-service
- Actively seeking to update skills and bring in new ideas and materials for use in the classroom with the children or to share with staff members.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality regarding children and their families.
- Maintaining professional conduct and attitudes in working with parents and staff as well as visitors and the general public.
- Oversee adherence to all safety and security guidelines by all day care staff.
- Follow all policies as outlined in the day care handbook